DEF (Daedalus Elphinstone Fury Shoals) cruise
Do you crave
for stunning underwater landscapes ?
Day 1 Saturday
Our friendly staff welcomes you at the airport. 45 min bus transfer from Hurghada airport to the marina in Safaga. You will, then, be attributed a cabin and discover the boat.
Day 2 Sunday
After breakfast, your guide will tell you everything you need to know about your programme of the week, safety recommendations and, more generally, your life on the boat. Your diving certifications, logbook and insurance will be checked before leaving the marina. The boat will then sail to the first dive site, 30 minutes away from the marina.
Your guide will give you a detailed briefing about your first dive.
The second dive will be done in the afternoon.
After dinner, the boat will head towards Daedalus for a seven hour long trip.
This programme may be subject to change according to weather conditions and the marina you will depart from.
Day 3 Monday
At the break of dawn, you will start you day of diving on the drop-off of Daedalus. You will do three dives there (at least ten different dives can be organised on this huge reef). You will do two doves on the northern tip of the reef to look out for the hammerhead sharks in the blue. In the afternoon, you will dive on the western side. The lighting will be perfect at that time of the day and you will be amazed by the coral diversity of this part of the reef.
Between the dives you will have the opportunity to visit the lighthouse with the authorisation of the keepers
Day 4 Thuesday
Three more dives will be organised at Daedalus. After dinner, the boat will head south-west to reach the Fury Shoals area at the break of dawn.
Day 5 Wednesday
The Fury Shoals area is home to many dive sites where you will find stunning coral gardens and drop-offs. Sataya (Dolphin House) is one of those reefs. It is 2km long and the longest reef in the Egyptian Red Sea. A pod of spinner dolphins lives there, and you will have the opportunity to live a childhood dream : go snorkelling with the dolphins between two dives.
Day 6 Thursday
You will start the day with two dives in this area before heading north for about six hours after lunch to reach a reef called Shelinyiat. Upon request a dusk or night dive can be organised.
Day 7 Friday
After a 5 hour sailing during the night, you will reach Elphinstone reef, in the Marsa Alam area. You will do two dives at Elphinstone. After the last dive, you will have the possibility to rinse all your diving gear on the diving deck at the rear of the boat before sailing for 2 hours to Port Ghalib.
The estimated time of arrival is 2:00 PM (your guide will tell you all about the leisure activities you can book in the Marsa Alam area to spend an entertaining Friday afternoon).
Day 8 Saturday
Departure from the boat will be after breakfast or according to your flight and transfer schedules to the airport or hotel.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€1,150||DUNE - GHANI||21 / 24||3||Book now!|
|€1,150||Bateauconforta||12 / 22||2||Book now!|
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: 259
- The service charges (tips)
- Customer reception at the airport, transfers airport/boat/airport
- The 7-night liveaboard safari in a shared double cabin, full board, non-alcoholic beverages
- 12L aluminum tank and weights
- A minimum of 16 dives
- A minimum of 10 dives for the snorkeling/dolphins liveaboard safari
- The taxes
- Free Nitrox
The price does not include
- Reservation of a cabin on the higher deck
- Diving gear (full or partial)
- Alcoholic beverages
- 15L tank : 30€ / week
- Diving supervision (Level 1 divers and Level 2 beyond 20m) : 8€/dive/person
- Other paid activities and services (see price-list on board)
- Check dive / Upgrade training (CMAS Level 1 to OWD / Entering an ADV course) : 30€ / dive
Les suppléments à
réserver avant le départ :
- Visa and airport assistance : 31€ / passenger
- Cabin choice : 35€ / person
- Travel light (BCD, regulator, wetsuit, weight belt, fins, mask and snorkel) : 70€ / person / week
- Nitrox course + PADI kit : 135€ (certification : 40€ to be paid on site)
- Advanced PADI course + PADI Kit : 240€ (certification : 40€ to be paid on site)
- Deep Dive course + PADI Kit : 175€(certification : 40€ to be paid on site)
- CMAS Nitrox course : 110€(certification : 40€ to be paid on site)
- ADIP/CEDIP Deep Dive P40
Budget & exchange
To ensure the best possible unfolding of your diving liveaboard safari
in Egypt :
- Fins and mask
- BCD / Stabilizing jacket
- Regulator with octopus
- Air gauge
- Dive computer
- Surface marker / Deco buoy
- Visible or audible means of signaling (mirror, whistle...)
- Mask strap
- Fins strap
- Other battery for your computer
- Thin rope
- The Mediterranean Sea in the north
- The red Sea in the south.