Egypt - Fury Shoals Liveboard - Dolphin Trip
Diving Cruise in Egypt - Fury Shoals & Dolphins Itinerary
An itinerary to discover with the whole family.
- Trips with dolphins, fins-mask-snorkel
- Discovery of diving from 8 years old
- Games and swimming times
- Activities on the boat
- Slideshow on flora and fauna commented by our guide
Day 1 Saturday
Our friendly staff welcomes you at the airport. Bus transfer from the airport to the marina. You will, then, be attributed a cabin and discover the boat.
Day 2 Sunday
After breakfast, your guide will tell you everything you need to know about your program of the week, safety recommendations and, more generally, your life on the boat. Your diving certifications, logbook and insurance will be checked for certified divers before leaving the marina. The captain will make his way to the first snorkeling site. It will also be possible to dive on this site for certified divers. The briefing of the so-called "check dive" will be presented to you by the guide. After lunch, you will sail south to the second snorkeling / diving site of the day. Before dinner, for those who wish, you can attend a presentation on the fauna and flora of the Red Sea. In the early evening, after dinner, the boat will continue south to reach the Sataya area overnight.
Day 3 Monday
In the morning the guide will tell you everything you need to know on “how to behave in the company of dolphins” for a respectful encounter with them. A first snorkeling trip with the dolphins will be organized. For certified divers who wish, a dive can be offered to you, outside the Sataya lagoon, where diving is prohibited. You are not certified divers and you want to discover the underwater world in scuba diving ? Your guide can offer you an introduction to scuba diving. All you need to do is notify them early enough in the day so that they can adapt their program accordingly. Your guide will suggest several activities throughout the day. Diving, snorkeling along the reef, swimming, snorkeling with dolphins ... the choice is yours. At night, a splendid starry landscape will occupy your evening after dinner.
Day 4 Tuesday
After having enjoyed another moment of bliss with the dolphins in the morning, the captain and his crew will move the boat to one of the most beautiful sites of the Fury Shoals. You will go on a snorkeling trip along the reef to observe the incredible biodiversity of the Red Sea. For certified divers, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a magnificent coral garden. Depending on your wishes, a second dive can be organized in the afternoon on another Fury Shoals site, or a second excursion with the dolphins inside the lagoon of Sataya. Did you take photos during the day ? A large screen awaits you in the lounge to present your photos to the whole group, your guide will be happy to comment on them after dinner.
Day 5 Wednesday
Feel free to choose what you want to do : swim with dolphins, immerse yourself in one of the Fury Shoals sites, take a snorkeling hike along a reef and observe the magnificent colors of the Red Sea, make an intro dive... Your guide will adapt the program according to your wishes.
Day 6 Thursday
After breakfast, a dolphin excursion and a dive for certified divers will be organized. You will then sail approximately 5 to 6 hours north to reach the site of Sheleneyat. You can take a snorkeling hike along the reef. After dinner, time to party !
Day 7 Friday
At the break of dawn, the boat will sail to the Marsa Alam area where you will go diving or snorkeling on the two sites selected by your guide. You will arrive at the marina early in the afternoon. Your guide will tell you all about the leisure activities you can book in the Marsa Alam area to spend an entertaining Friday afternoon.
Day 8 Saturday
Departure from the boat will be after breakfast or according to your flight and transfer schedules to the airport or hotel.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€1,050||DUNE - JESSICA||0 / 30||Fully booked|
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: 74
The beginning of the Liveaboard service starts with the dinner on Saturday evening the day before the departure of the trip and ends the day after the boat has returned to the marina with breakfast on board (check out 10:00AM) according to the different flight’s schedules.
All the costs that might incurred before and after the beginning of the service are the responsibility of the customers (Day use, meals, hotel night…)
1 week Liveaboards (6 days and 7 nights on board)
- Airport-boat transfers (outward) and boat-airport (return)
- 6 days full board (includes tea, instant coffee, water and soft drinks)
- 7 nights on board in a sharing double cabin (single use with extra fee available)
- Services fees.
- For the 7th night, Dune reserves its right to accommodate guests in a 3* hotel with half board in a double or triple room to share. (drinks not include)
- Supervision of snorkeling by a certified instructor
- 1 intro dive per person (DSD)
- For certified divers, 1 dive per day from Sunday to Friday with a 12 L tanks (DIN or INT), and weights. DUNE Red Sea reserves the right to limit this number of dives depending on: external events, weather conditions, diving level constraints, physical condition of the diver... without any compensation being claimed.
- Nitrox is free of charge and cannot be subject to any complaint especially in case of possible failure of the compressor.
- Government taxes
- International and domestic flights
- Cancellation and assistance insurance
- Drinks such as beer, wine, and espresso
- Rental of diving equipment, diving torch, SMB, computer…
- Diving courses
- Supervision by a diving instructor for OWD and Cmas** beyond 20m
- Visas and assistance
- Extras nights or day use before and after the liveaboard
- Transfers airport/hotel or hotel/airport in case of day use before and after the liveaboard
- Additional activities at the end of the cruise
- Marine park taxes
Liveaboards planning and boat organization
- The boats displayed on our schedule can be modified and replace without prior notice by a boat of the exact same category.
- Departures and arrivals Marinas may be changed without notice depending on Dune’s schedule and other constraints.
- Arrival marinas may be modified during the week of the liveaboard according to the boat schedule.
- A passeport or an ID card (This has to be checked according to the customer nationality) valid for 6 months after the return date is mandatory (it has to be shown to customs clearance)
- Names and first names to be given upon booking
- Passeport/ID number
- Level and number of dives
- Flights informations : arrival and departure
- Booking requests such as : rental equipment, diving courses, cabin requests
- Dive insurance
Terms and conditions
Payment and Refund policy
- For individuals and small group (less than 10 pax) A deposit of 30% will have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed.
- For groups (more than 10 pax) and Full charter bookings : a deposit of 10% wil have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed
- The balance of the booking must be made 30 days before departure for an individual booking or a small group booking (less than 10 pax).
- The balance of the booking must be paid 60 days before departure for a group booking (more than 10 pax) or full charter.
- Payments on board must be made in cash (Euro, Dollars, or Egyptian Pounds) or CC (excluding tips payment). Please be warned, 3% of bank charges will be added for payments in CC.
- The itinerary can be modified during the trip because of external event beyond our control. Failure to follow a route does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes
- Non-compliance with the program does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes. (ex : number of 16 dives not reached because of the weather, insufficient dive level…)
- Changes of boat or marinas do not allow an indemnity.
- A possible failure or the EANX compressor do not allow an indemnity.
Liveaboard or Journey cancellation and Force Majeure
Budget & exchange
Advices and laws about recreational diving in Egypt
- Medical certificate allowing the practice of scuba diving (mandatory document must be less than a year old)
- Dive cards, and diving logbook justifying the level and number of dives
- Logbook in case of training carried out during the cruise.
- Dive computer, SMB, and a surface way of signalization (lights and/or sound device)
- Valid dive insurance (if not insurance can be purchased on board, insurance is mandatory)
- Passport copy to be given on board
- The Marine parks liveaboards ( Brothers, Daedalus, Zabargad…)
- North and South Liveaboards (St John’s, Abu Fendira, North…).
- All courses that would need vertical technical exercises are forbidden (except on Safaga itinerary or Dolphin Trip)
- CMAS 1* or OWD trainings are prohibited (except on the Safaga or Dolphin Trip)
- All training is provided by a DUNE instructor certified CDWS (Chamber of Diving Water Sports) in accordance with local Egyptian regulations.
To ensure the best possible unfolding of your diving liveaboard safari in Egypt :
- Fins and mask
- BCD / Stabilizing jacket
- Regulator with octopus
- Air gauge
- Dive computer
- Surface marker / Deco buoy
- Visible or audible means of signaling (mirror, whistle...)
- Mask strap
- Fins strap
- Other battery for your computer
- Thin rope
- The Mediterranean Sea in the north
- The red Sea in the south.