Egypt - Northern Reefs and Brothers Liveboard
Diving cruise Egypt - Nord Brothers Itinerary
This cruise is a good compromise between the most beautiful wrecks in northern Egypt, Ras Mohamed and the drop-offs on the Brothers Islands. Ideal for fans of pelagics and wrecks.
Day 1 Saturday
Our friendly staff welcomes you at the airport. Bus transfer from the airport to the marina. You will, then, be attributed a cabin and discover the boat.
Day 2 Sunday
After breakfast, your guide will tell you everything you need to know about your programme of the week, safety recommendations and, more generally, your life on the boat. Your diving certifications, logbook and insurance will be checked before leaving the marina. The boat will then sail to the first dive site, 30 minutes away from the marina. Your guide will give you a detailed briefing about your first dive. After lunch you will do your second dive. You will then keep sailing north to reach the El Gouna area where you will spend a quiet and peaceful night moored behind a big reef.
Day 3 Monday
Arrived the day before on site, you will do your first-two wreck dives in the morning. After lunch you will sail north for two hours before reaching the site where you will do the third dive of the day. Upon request, a night dive may be added. For a quiet and peaceful night, you will spend the night away from the waves, moored behind a big reef. This programme may be subject to change according to weather conditions.
Day 4 Thuesday
This day, you will do two to three dives on the mythical wreck of the Thistlegorm.
Day 5 Wednesday
At sunrise, the captain and his crew will sail towards the tip of Sinai where you will make at least two dives in the magnificent Ras Mohamed reserve. The third dive will potentially be on the site of Shaab Mahmoudat. After dinner, you will sail at night to reach the Brothers Islands in the early morning.
Day 6 Thursday
Arrived in the early morning, you will make three dives during the day on the magnificent drop offs of the Brothers. A tour of the lighthouse can be organized by your guide according to agreements with the guards on site. The captain and his crew will then sail for around five hours to arrive at night in the Safaga area.
Day 7 Friday
For the last day at sea, your guide will suggest two dives in the Safaga area. Depending on your desires or demand, you can dive the wreck of the Salem express or one of the three drop-offs in the area. The return of the boat is planned for the afternoon. You can then take advantage of the aft platform of the boat to rinse your equipment or go for a walk in Safaga. Other activities will be offered depending on your flight schedule.
Day 8 Saturday
Departure from the boat will be after breakfast or according to your flight and transfer schedules to the airport or hotel.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€1,280||DUNE - ALIA high class||4 / 26||Book now!|
|€1,050||DUNE - GHANI||14 / 24||Book now!|
|€1,150||DUNE - JESSICA||10 / 30||Book now!|
|€1,150||DUNE - JESSICA||30 / 30||Book now!|
|€1,050||DUNE - GHANI||24 / 24||Book now!|
|€1,050||DUNE - GHANI||24 / 24||Book now!|
|€1,050||DUNE - GHANI||24 / 24||Book now!|
|€1,150||DUNE - GHANI||0 / 24||Fully booked|
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: 72
The beginning of the Liveaboard service starts with the dinner on Saturday evening the day before the departure of the trip and ends the day after the boat has returned to the marina with breakfast on board (check out 10:00AM) according to the different flight’s schedules.
All the costs that might incurred before and after the beginning of the service are the responsibility of the customers (Day use, meals, hotel night…)
1 week Liveaboards (6 days and 7 nights on board)
- Airport-boat transfers (outward) and boat-airport (return)
- 6 days full board (includes tea, instant coffee, water and soft drinks)
- 7 nights on board in a sharing double cabin (single use with extra fee available)
- Services fees.
- For the 7th night, Dune reserves its right to accommodate guests in a 3* hotel with half board in a double or triple room to share. (drinks not include)
- 2 or 3 dives per day divided from Sunday to Friday with a 12 L tanks (DIN or INT), and weights. DUNE Red Sea reserves the right to limit this number of dives depending on: external events, weather conditions, diving level constraints, physical condition of the diver... without any compensation being claimed.
- Nitrox is free of charge and cannot be subject to any complaint especially in case of possible failure of the compressor.
- Government taxes
- International and domestic flights
- Cancellation and assistance insurance
- Drinks such as beer, wine, and espresso
- Rental of diving equipment, diving torch, SMB, computer…
- Diving courses
- Supervision by a diving instructor for OWD and Cmas** beyond 20m
- Visas and assistance
- Extras nights or day use before and after the liveaboard
- Transfers airport/hotel or hotel/airport in case of day use before and after the liveaboard
- Additional activities at the end of the cruise
- Marine park taxes
Liveaboards planning and boat organization
- The boats displayed on our schedule can be modified and replace without prior notice by a boat of the exact same category.
- Departures and arrivals Marinas may be changed without notice depending on Dune’s schedule and other constraints.
- Arrival marinas may be modified during the week of the liveaboard according to the boat schedule.
- A passeport or an ID card (This has to be checked according to the customer nationality) valid for 6 months after the return date is mandatory (it has to be shown to customs clearance)
- Names and first names to be given upon booking
- Passeport/ID number
- Level and number of dives
- Flights informations : arrival and departure
- Booking requests such as : rental equipment, diving courses, cabin requests
- Dive insurance
Terms and conditions
Payment and Refund policy
- For individuals and small group (less than 10 pax) A deposit of 30% will have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed.
- For groups (more than 10 pax) and Full charter bookings : a deposit of 10% wil have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed
- The balance of the booking must be made 30 days before departure for an individual booking or a small group booking (less than 10 pax).
- The balance of the booking must be paid 60 days before departure for a group booking (more than 10 pax) or full charter.
- Payments on board must be made in cash (Euro, Dollars, or Egyptian Pounds) or CC (excluding tips payment). Please be warned, 3% of bank charges will be added for payments in CC.
- The itinerary can be modified during the trip because of external event beyond our control. Failure to follow a route does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes
- Non-compliance with the program does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes. (ex : number of 16 dives not reached because of the weather, insufficient dive level…)
- Changes of boat or marinas do not allow an indemnity.
- A possible failure or the EANX compressor do not allow an indemnity.
Liveaboard or Journey cancellation and Force Majeure
Budget & exchange
Advices and laws about recreational diving in Egypt
- Medical certificate allowing the practice of scuba diving (mandatory document must be less than a year old)
- Dive cards, and diving logbook justifying the level and number of dives
- Logbook in case of training carried out during the cruise.
- Dive computer, SMB, and a surface way of signalization (lights and/or sound device)
- Valid dive insurance (if not insurance can be purchased on board, insurance is mandatory)
- Passport copy to be given on board
- The Marine parks liveaboards ( Brothers, Daedalus, Zabargad…)
- North and South Liveaboards (St John’s, Abu Fendira, North…).
- All courses that would need vertical technical exercises are forbidden (except on Safaga itinerary or Dolphin Trip)
- CMAS 1* or OWD trainings are prohibited (except on the Safaga or Dolphin Trip)
- All training is provided by a DUNE instructor certified CDWS (Chamber of Diving Water Sports) in accordance with local Egyptian regulations.
To ensure the best possible unfolding of your diving liveaboard safari in Egypt :
- Fins and mask
- BCD / Stabilizing jacket
- Regulator with octopus
- Air gauge
- Dive computer
- Surface marker / Deco buoy
- Visible or audible means of signaling (mirror, whistle...)
- Mask strap
- Fins strap
- Other battery for your computer
- Thin rope
- The Mediterranean Sea in the north
- The red Sea in the south.