EGYPTE - Mixed South (Daedalus - Rocky/Zabargad - SJ)
New Dune Red Sea itinerary : The Mixed South !
Discover the most beautiful sites in the south of the Egyptian Red Sea.
Day 1 Saturday
Reception at the airport, transfer by bus from the airport to the marina, installation in the cabins and discovery of the boat.
Day 2 Sunday
After breakfast, a welcome briefing (organization of the week, safety instructions on board...) will be presented to you by the guide. Your diving documents and insurance will be checked before leaving the marina. The captain will sail to the first dive site 30 minutes from departure.
The briefing of the check-dive dive will be presented to you by the guide. The second dive will be done during the afternoon. In the early evening, after dinner, the boat will start its journey towards Daedalus. About 7 hours of navigation will be required. Depending on the weather this program can be modified.
Day 3 Monday
At sunrise, you will start your day of diving on the Daedalus falls. Your guide will suggest three dives. This reef offers you ten different dives. You will make 2 dives north of the reef for perhaps the chance to observe hammerhead sharks. In the afternoon, you will dive west of the reef where the coral diversity is impressive. This slope also offers perfect light in the afternoon. Between dives, you will have the opportunity to visit the Daedalus lighthouse. In the early evening, after dinner, the boat will continue its journey all night south to arrive in the early morning under the Tropic of Cancer at Rocky Island and Zabargad.
Day 4 Tuesday
You will make three dives around the Rocky and Zabargad islands. The navigation times between the sites vary from 30 to 45 minutes between the islands. The dive sites are carefully chosen by your guide depending on the weather and the number of boats on the sites.
Day 5 Wednesday
In the early morning, the captain and his crew will take you to the Saint John's sites. Three dives will be offered to you. Navigation times between sites vary between 30 minutes and 1 hour 30 minutes in the Saint John's area. The dive sites are carefully chosen by your guide depending on the weather and the number of boats on the sites.
Day 6 Thursday
That day, we will start the ascent to the north. On the way, we will stop at Sataya (Dolphin house) located in the Fury Shoals area, where you may have the opportunity to swim with the dolphins. We will then continue our ascent to the Sheleneyat site in the Wadi Gemal area, where the third dive of the day will take place at dusk or at night.
Day 7 Friday
In the early morning, you will arrive in the Marsa Alam area, on the mythical Elphinstone Reef. You will make 2 dives there, before sailing another two hours to arrive in the early afternoon at the Port Ghalib marina. You can use the platform to rinse your equipment. Your guide will also suggest various extra diving activities to keep you busy on Friday afternoon.
Day 8 Saturday
The departure of the boat will be after breakfast or according to your flight schedules and transfer to the airport or hotel.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€1,400||DUNE-ALIA||20 / 24||Book now!|
|€1,400||DUNE-ALIA||20 / 24||Book now!|
|€1,400||DUNE-ALIA||24 / 26||Book now!|
Trip code: 140
All the costs that might incurred before and after the beginning of the service are the responsibility of the customers (Day use, meals, hotel night…)
1 week Liveaboards (6 days and 7 nights on board)
- Airport-boat transfers (outward) and boat-airport (return)
- 6 days full board (includes tea, instant coffee, water and soft drinks)
- 7 nights on board in a sharing double cabin (single use with extra fee available)
- Services fees.
- For the 7th night, Dune reserves its right to accommodate guests in a 3* hotel with half board in a double or triple room to share. (drinks not include)
- 2 or 3 dives per day divided from Sunday to Friday with a 12 L tanks (DIN or INT), and weights. DUNE Red Sea reserves the right to limit this number of dives depending on: external events, weather conditions, diving level constraints, physical condition of the diver... without any compensation being claimed.
- Nitrox is free of charge and cannot be subject to any complaint especially in case of possible failure of the compressor.
- Government taxes
- International and domestic flights
- Cancellation and assistance insurance
- Drinks such as beer, wine, and espresso
- Rental of diving equipment, diving torch, SMB, computer…
- Diving courses
- Supervision by a diving instructor for OWD and Cmas** beyond 20m
- Visas and assistance
- Extras nights or day use before and after the liveaboard
- Transfers airport/hotel or hotel/airport in case of day use before and after the liveaboard
- Additional activities at the end of the cruise
- Marine park taxes
Liveaboards planning and boat organization
- The boats displayed on our schedule can be modified and replace without prior notice by a boat of the exact same category.
- Departures and arrivals Marinas may be changed without notice depending on Dune’s schedule and other constraints.
- Arrival marinas may be modified during the week of the liveaboard according to the boat schedule.
- A passeport or an ID card (This has to be checked according to the customer nationality) valid for 6 months after the return date is mandatory (it has to be shown to customs clearance)
- Names and first names to be given upon booking
- Passeport/ID number
- Level and number of dives
- Flights informations : arrival and departure
- Booking requests such as : rental equipment, diving courses, cabin requests
- Dive insurance
Terms and conditions
Payment and Refund policy
- For individuals and small group (less than 10 pax) A deposit of 30% will have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed.
- For groups (more than 10 pax) and Full charter bookings : a deposit of 10% wil have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed
- The balance of the booking must be made 30 days before departure for an individual booking or a small group booking (less than 10 pax).
- The balance of the booking must be paid 60 days before departure for a group booking (more than 10 pax) or full charter.
- Payments on board must be made in cash (Euro, Dollars, or Egyptian Pounds) or CC (excluding tips payment). Please be warned, 3% of bank charges will be added for payments in CC.
- The itinerary can be modified during the trip because of external event beyond our control. Failure to follow a route does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes
- Non-compliance with the program does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes. (ex : number of 16 dives not reached because of the weather, insufficient dive level…)
- Changes of boat or marinas do not allow an indemnity.
- A possible failure or the EANX compressor do not allow an indemnity.
Liveaboard or Journey cancellation and Force Majeure
Budget & exchange
Advices and laws about recreational diving in Egypt
- Medical certificate allowing the practice of scuba diving (mandatory document must be less than a year old)
- Dive cards, and diving logbook justifying the level and number of dives
- Logbook in case of training carried out during the cruise.
- Dive computer, SMB, and a surface way of signalization (lights and/or sound device)
- Valid dive insurance (if not insurance can be purchased on board, insurance is mandatory)
- Passport copy to be given on board
- The Marine parks liveaboards ( Brothers, Daedalus, Zabargad…)
- North and South Liveaboards (St John’s, Abu Fendira, North…).
- All courses that would need vertical technical exercises are forbidden (except on Safaga itinerary or Dolphin Trip)
- CMAS 1* or OWD trainings are prohibited (except on the Safaga or Dolphin Trip)
- All training is provided by a DUNE instructor certified CDWS (Chamber of Diving Water Sports) in accordance with local Egyptian regulations.
To ensure the best possible unfolding of your diving liveaboard safari in Egypt :
- Fins and mask
- BCD / Stabilizing jacket
- Regulator with octopus
- Air gauge
- Dive computer
- Surface marker / Deco buoy
- Visible or audible means of signaling (mirror, whistle...)
- Mask strap
- Fins strap
- Other battery for your computer
- Thin rope
- The Mediterranean Sea in the north
- The red Sea in the south.