Egypt - BDE – GOLDEN TRIANGLE Liveboard
Liveboard in Egypt : Golden Triangle / BDE
This diving safari take you to discover the most famous Egyptian dive sites.
dive sites are :
- the Brothers Islands,
- Daedalus Reef
- and Elphinstone Reef,
Day 1 Saturday
Our friendly staff welcomes you at the airport. Bus transfer from the airport to the marina of Port Ghalib. You will, then, be attributed a cabin and discover the boat.
Day 2 Sunday
After breakfast, your guide will tell you everything you need to know about your programme of the week, safety recommendations and, more generally, your life on the boat. Your diving certifications, logbook and insurance will be checked before leaving the marina. The boat will then sail to the first dive site, 30 minutes away from the marina. Your guide will give you a detailed briefing about your first dive. The second dive will be done in the afternoon. After dinner, the boat will head towards the Brothers Islands for a six hour long trip. This programme may be subject to change according to weather conditions and the marina you will depart from.
Day 3 Monday
Arrived the day before on site, you will do three daytime dives on the stunning drop-offs of the Brothers Islands. Due to new regulations aimed at protecting the marine ecosystem, safari boats are only allowed to spend one day on the Brothers' site. You will then sail all night long to reach Daedalus at the break of dawn.
Day 4 Thuesday
Arrived early in the morning, you will do three daytime dives on the amazing drop-off of Daedalus, home of the hammerhead shark. A visit of the lighthouse will be organised by the guide with the authorisation of the keepers.
Day 5 Wednesday
According to the weather forecast and customers' requests you will do two or three more dives on Daedalus before sailing towards the coast. It will take about seven hours to reach the site of Abu Dabbab where you will spend the night. According to your time of arrival, a night dive may be organised.
Day 6 Thursday
According to the weather forecast, you will do two or three dives on the stunning dop-offs of Elphinstone. Then the boat will sail back to Abu Dabbab to spend the night in a protected area. If a night dive have not been organized the day before, then we will organize it this day.
Day 7 Friday
According to the weather forecast and your flight schedules, you will do one or two more dives in the morning. After the last dive, you will have the possibility to rinse all your diving gear on the diving deck at the rear of the boat before sailing for 2 hours to Port Ghalib. This programme is based on a departure from Port Ghalib, it can be modified without prior notice by the captain and/or the guide according to the weather conditions.
Day 8 Saturday
Departure from the boat will be after breakfast or according to your flight and transfer schedules to the airport or hotel.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€1,400||DUNE - ALIA high class||0 / 26||Fully booked|
|€1,210||DUNE - GHANI||4 / 24||Book now!|
|€1,210||DUNE - GHANI||0 / 24||Fully booked|
|€1,400||DUNE - ALIA high class||0 / 26||Fully booked|
|€1,400||DUNE - ALIA high class||18 / 26||Book now!|
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: 38
The beginning of the Liveaboard service starts with the dinner on Saturday evening the day before the departure of the trip and ends the day after the boat has returned to the marina with breakfast on board (check out 10:00AM) according to the different flight’s schedules.
All the costs that might incurred before and after the beginning of the service are the responsibility of the customers (Day use, meals, hotel night…)
1 week Liveaboards (6 days and 7 nights on board)
- Airport-boat transfers (outward) and boat-airport (return)
- 6 days full board (includes tea, instant coffee, water and soft drinks)
- 7 nights on board in a sharing double cabin (single use with extra fee available)
- Services fees.
- For the 7th night, Dune reserves its right to accommodate guests in a 3* hotel with half board in a double or triple room to share. (drinks not include)
- 2 or 3 dives per day divided from Sunday to Friday with a 12 L tanks (DIN or INT), and weights. DUNE Red Sea reserves the right to limit this number of dives depending on: external events, weather conditions, diving level constraints, physical condition of the diver... without any compensation being claimed.
- Nitrox is free of charge and cannot be subject to any complaint especially in case of possible failure of the compressor.
- Government taxes
- International and domestic flights
- Cancellation and assistance insurance
- Drinks such as beer, wine, and espresso
- Rental of diving equipment, diving torch, SMB, computer…
- Diving courses
- Supervision by a diving instructor for OWD and Cmas** beyond 20m
- Visas and assistance
- Extras nights or day use before and after the liveaboard
- Transfers airport/hotel or hotel/airport in case of day use before and after the liveaboard
- Additional activities at the end of the cruise
- Marine park taxes
Liveaboards planning and boat organization
- The boats displayed on our schedule can be modified and replace without prior notice by a boat of the exact same category.
- Departures and arrivals Marinas may be changed without notice depending on Dune’s schedule and other constraints.
- Arrival marinas may be modified during the week of the liveaboard according to the boat schedule.
- A passeport or an ID card (This has to be checked according to the customer nationality) valid for 6 months after the return date is mandatory (it has to be shown to customs clearance)
- Names and first names to be given upon booking
- Passeport/ID number
- Level and number of dives
- Flights informations : arrival and departure
- Booking requests such as : rental equipment, diving courses, cabin requests
- Dive insurance
Terms and conditions
Payment and Refund policy
- For individuals and small group (less than 10 pax) A deposit of 30% will have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed.
- For groups (more than 10 pax) and Full charter bookings : a deposit of 10% wil have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed
- The balance of the booking must be made 30 days before departure for an individual booking or a small group booking (less than 10 pax).
- The balance of the booking must be paid 60 days before departure for a group booking (more than 10 pax) or full charter.
- Payments on board must be made in cash (Euro, Dollars, or Egyptian Pounds) or CC (excluding tips payment). Please be warned, 3% of bank charges will be added for payments in CC.
- The itinerary can be modified during the trip because of external event beyond our control. Failure to follow a route does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes
- Non-compliance with the program does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes. (ex : number of 16 dives not reached because of the weather, insufficient dive level…)
- Changes of boat or marinas do not allow an indemnity.
- A possible failure or the EANX compressor do not allow an indemnity.
Liveaboard or Journey cancellation and Force Majeure
Budget & exchange
Advices and laws about recreational diving in Egypt
- Medical certificate allowing the practice of scuba diving (mandatory document must be less than a year old)
- Dive cards, and diving logbook justifying the level and number of dives
- Logbook in case of training carried out during the cruise.
- Dive computer, SMB, and a surface way of signalization (lights and/or sound device)
- Valid dive insurance (if not insurance can be purchased on board, insurance is mandatory)
- Passport copy to be given on board
- The Marine parks liveaboards ( Brothers, Daedalus, Zabargad…)
- North and South Liveaboards (St John’s, Abu Fendira, North…).
- All courses that would need vertical technical exercises are forbidden (except on Safaga itinerary or Dolphin Trip)
- CMAS 1* or OWD trainings are prohibited (except on the Safaga or Dolphin Trip)
- All training is provided by a DUNE instructor certified CDWS (Chamber of Diving Water Sports) in accordance with local Egyptian regulations.
To ensure the best possible unfolding of your diving liveaboard safari in Egypt :
- Fins and mask
- BCD / Stabilizing jacket
- Regulator with octopus
- Air gauge
- Dive computer
- Surface marker / Deco buoy
- Visible or audible means of signaling (mirror, whistle...)
- Mask strap
- Fins strap
- Other battery for your computer
- Thin rope
- The Mediterranean Sea in the north
- The red Sea in the south.