Safaga Liveaboard Safari
Would you like to discover the dive sites of the Safaga area on a
liveaboard safari boat ?
To take diving courses ?
To experience early
morning dives with no other boat around ? To enjoy 3 dives a day ? Or
just to enjoy the benefits of a liveaboard diving safari with very little
navigation between the sites ?
Day 1 Saturday
Arrival on the boat, dinner, chill-out time.
Day 2 Sunday
After a good breakfast, the captain will take you to the first dive site where you will readjust your diving skills, sheltered from the waves and currents. You will then sail to the second site where you will dive from one of our dinghies or from the boat. You will spend the night near Soma Bay.
Day 3 Monday
The first morning dive will occur on one of the three drop-offs of the Safaga area, at the break of dawn on the south-east side, which increases the possibilities to encounter pelagic fishes hunting for food. The second dive will take place just before lunch on the west side of the drop-off. You will then reach a site called Sha'ab Sheer to dive a beautiful coral garden in 20 meters of water on the western part of the reef, where the sunlight can be enjoyed at that time of the day.
Day 4 Tuesday
30 minutes of navigation at sunrise will be enough to get to the Salem Express, a beautiful shipwreck sunk in the 1990ies. The second dive will take place on the north-east side of Sha'ab Sheer where bottlenose dolphins are often encountered. Your third dive will be a night one !
Day 5 Wednesday
It will take only 45 minutes of navigation to reach Panorama Reef, a superb drop-off covered in brown soft coral. With a little bit of luck, you will encounter a turtle on the south-east part of the reef. You will then sail for half an hour to reach Middle Reef where you will dive for the third time of the day on the western side.
Day 6 Thursday
At the break of dawn, you will hop into a dinghy to go to the northern part of the reef where you will discover a fantastic plateau and huge gorgonian sea-fans. Just before lunch you will visit the eastern side of the reef that hosts one of the most beautiful gardens of hard corals in the Red Sea. You will then have a 45 minute navigation towards Tobia Arbaa where you will enjoy night-diving with lion fish.
Day 7 Friday
After breakfast you will discover a site called Gamul Soraya where schools of snappers and garden eels await you. The second dive, in the afternoon, will take place on Tobia Kebir where beautiful eagle rays are encountered on a regular basis. You will then go back to the marina.
Day 8 Saturday
After breakfast you will leave the boat to go to the airport with your head full of nice memories.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€700||DUNE - GHANI||24 / 24||Book now!|
Trip code: 396
The price includes
- The service charges (tips).
- Customer reception at the airport, transfers airport/boat/airport.
- The 7-nights liveaboard safari in a shared double cabin, full board, non-alcoholic beverages.
- 12L aluminum tank and weights.
- A minimum of 16 dives.
- The taxes.
- Free Nitrox
The price does not include
- Training package + PADI kit and certification
- Reservation of a cabin on the higher deck
- Diving gear (full or partial)
- Alcoholic beverages
- 15L tank : 30€ / week
- Diving supervision (Level 1 divers and Level 2 beyond 20m) : 8€/dive/person
- Other paid activities and services (see price-list on board)
- Check dive / Upgrade training (CMAS Level 1 to OWD / Entering an ADV course) : 30€ / dive.
To be booked before departure
- Visa and airport assistance : 31€ / passenger.
- Cabin choice : 35€ / person.
- Travel light (BCD, regulator, wetsuit, weight belt, fins, mask and snorkel) : 70€ / person / week.
- Nitrox course + PADI kit : 135€ (certification : 40€ to be paid on site)
- Advanced PADI course + PADI Kit : 240€ (certification : 40€ to be paid on site)
- Deep Dive course + PADI Kit : 175€(certification : 40€ to be paid on site)
- CMAS Nitrox course : 110€(certification : 40€ to be paid on site)
- ADIP/CEDIP Deep Dive P40
Budget & exchange
To ensure the best possible unfolding of your diving liveaboard safari in Egypt :
- Fins and mask
- BCD / Stabilizing jacket
- Regulator with octopus
- Air gauge
- Dive computer
- Surface marker / Deco buoy
- Visible or audible means of signaling (mirror, whistle...)
Gear, in case:
- Mask strap
- Fins strap
- Other battery for your computer
- Thin rope
- The Mediterranean Sea in the north
- The red Sea in the south.