SUDAN - Pearls of Sudan - North/South/Suakin 14 Nights
Day 1 Monday
Arrival at Port Sudan's International Airport.
25 min bus ride to go to the marina.
Document checking (diving card, logbook, insurance etc.)
Payment of marine taxes and visa;
Installation of your diving equipment.
Small briefing about life on board and safety instructions.
Day 2 Tuesday
The ship will depart from the marina early in the morning to reach the first dive site of the week.
Wake-up call at about 8:00am. Hot drinks and biscuits will be at your disposal. Your guide will introduce the crew. Then you will have your first briefing for the “check” dive on a site called Sha'ab Swedi. The guides will tell you everything you need to know about the diving safety instructions and environmental protection.
After the dive, a breakfast will be served and you will sail for 3 hours to the second dive site of the day, Merlo Reef where you will do your second and last dive of the day.
After the second dive, the boat will sail towards Sha'ab Baher, a site where you will spend a quiet and peaceful night, moored behind a big reef. Before dinner, the guides will give you a presentation on the sharks of the Red Sea.
Day 3 Wednesday
At the break of dawn, we will head towards the most northern Sudanese dive sites for three dives. These sites do not see many divers which enables a pristine nature. The fauna and colourful reefs offer a highly emotional show. We will choose the most comfortable site for the night.
Day 4 Thursday
3 different dives in north Sudanese waters will be on the menu. After the third dive we will head towards Sha'ab Baher to spend the night there.
Day 5 Friday
Three dives are on the menu with very short sailing times between the sites.
Wake up call at 6:00 am for the first dive on a site called Angarosh. After a good breakfast and a quick nap, your guide will give you a briefing for the second dive on the dive site of Albington. The third dive will take place at about 3:00pm on Merlo's reef. Then we will go back to Sha'ab Baher for another comfortable night.
Day 6 Saturday
The advantage of this itinerary is that we will have the opportunity to dive again on the three dive sites of the previous day. We will witness how the presence of the fauna evolves according to the moment of the day. We will encounter many pelagic fishes such as hammerhead sharks, grey reef sharks and silvertip sharks. We sometimes encounter a manta ray on these sites.
Day 7 Sunday
On that day we will start going down to the very famous dive site of Sha'ab Rumi. After a first dive chosen by your guides, the boat will sail for 1h30 to Quita El Banna and its steep drop-offs. It will then sail for another 4h30 to reach Sha'ab Rumi and moor there. The last dive of the day will take place among the vestiges of Cousteau's Pre-Continent 2 expedition.
Day 8 Monday
The first two dives will be on Sha'ab Rumi's southern plateau where you will encounter all the species the Sudanese waters are famous for. A night dive on Pre-Continent 2 will be proposed.
Day 9 Tuesday
It is not uncommon to do the first dive of the day on Sha'ab Rumi's southern plateau
Then the Nemo will leave the site and sail for 1h30 to reach Sanganeb Marine Park and dive on the northern part of the reef. The last dive of the day will take place on the southern plateau.
Day 10 Wednesday
During the night, the Nemo will navigate for three hours to reach Jumna.
Two dives on this site where you can sometimes see a 50+ strong school of hammerhead sharks.
We will then go to Sha'ab Ambar, one hour away from Jumna. Night in the lagoon.
Day 11 Thursday
At the break of dawn, we will head towards Protector. It takes two hours to get there. After two dives on this plateau that teems with life, we will go to Nahalat (the palm-tree). Then back to Sha'ab Ambar after one hour of navigation. Another night in the lagoon.
Day 12 Friday
Three dives in the Suakin area will be proposed. Last night in Sha'ab Ambar's lagoon.
Day 13 Saturday
After one hour of navigation, the first two dives will take place on Jumna's reef. After the second dive, the Nemo will sail to Sanganeb Marine Park for about three hours. Upon arrival, you will have the opportunity to visit the 50m-high lighthouse and admire the panoramic view. The last dive of the day will take place on Sanganeb's southern plateau.
You will then sail one last time towards Windgate Reef where you will spend the night.
Day 14 Sunday
For this last day at sea, two dives on the famous shipwreck of the Umbria will be on the menu.
After the last dive, you will rinse your diving equipment and go back to the marina.
Day 15 Monday
A visit of Port-Sudan in a traditional tuk-tuk (typical motor taxi) will be proposed (no obligation) : 30€/tuk-tuk (3 passengers).
Divers who do not wish to take the tour can stay on board but will have to vacate their cabin for the cleaning of the boat.
Bus transfer to the airport.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€1,950||DUNE - NEMO||1 / 22||1||Book now!|
|€1,950||DUNE - NEMO||5 / 22||1||Book now!|
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: 91
- 6 days full board (includes tea, instant coffee, water and soft drinks)
- 7 nights on board in a shared double cabin (single cabin available with an extra fee)
- 16 dives package divided from Sunday to Friday with a 12 L tanks (DIN or INT), and weights (w/o the belt).
- Nitrox is free of charge.
- 11 days and 10 nights on board in a shared double cabin (single cabin available with an extra fee) full board (includes tea, instant coffee, water and soft drinks)
- 25 dives package with a 12 L tanks (DIN or INT), and weights (w/o the belt).
- Nitrox is free of charge.
- 12 days and 11 nights on board in a shared double cabin (single cabin available with an extra fee), full board (includes tea, instant coffee, water and soft drinks)
- 28 dives package with a 12 L tanks (DIN or INT), and weights (w/o the belt).
- Nitrox is free of charge.
- 15 days and 14 nights on board in a shared double cabin (single cabin available with an extra fee), full board (includes tea, instant coffee, water and soft drinks)
- 37 dives package with a 12 L tanks (DIN or INT), and weights (w/o the belt).
- Nitrox is free of charge.
- Visa (145$ to be paid upon arrival)
- Government taxes such as follows : 7 Nights itinerary : 187€ ; 10Nights and 11 Nights itinerary 223€ ; 14 Nights itinerary 250€ (to be paid in cash upon arrival, please kindly provide change)
- International and domestic flights
- Cancellation and assistance insurance
- Rental of diving equipment, diving computer, diving lamps, SMB
- Diving courses
- Assistance and visa delivery
- Extras nights or day use before and after the liveaboard
- Transfers airport/hotel or hotel/airport in case of day use before and after the liveaboard
- Additional activities at the end of the cruise
- Tips for the crew (7€ advised per person per day to be given at the end of the stay) and at the discretion of the client.
- Drinks such as beer, wine, and espresso
- A passport valid for 6 months after the return date is mandatory (it has to be shown to customs clearance)
- Passeport/ID number
- Names and first names to be given upon booking
- Level and number of dives
- Flight informations : arrival and departure
- Booking requests such as : rental equipment, diving courses, cabin requests
- Dive insurance
Terms and conditions
Payment and refund policy
- For individuals and small group (from 10 pax) a deposit of 30% will have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed.
- For Groups and Full charter bookings : a deposit of 10% will have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed
- The balance of the booking must be made 30 days before departure for an individual booking or a group booking (from 10 pax)
- The balance of the booking must be made 60 days before departure for a full charter booking.
- Payments on board must be made in cash (Euro, Dollars, or Sudanese Pound) or CC (excluding tips payment). Please be warned, 3% of bank charges will be added for payments in CC.
- The itinerary can be modified during the trip because of external events beyond our control (weather conditions, government decision, diving accident requiring a return of the boat…). Failure to follow a route does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes.
- Non compliance with the program does not allow any indemnity or a refund of taxes. (ex : number of 16 dives not reached because of the weather, insufficient dive level…)
- Changes of boat or marinas do not allow an indemnity.
- A possible failure or the EANX compressor do not allow an indemnity (free service).
Cancellation conditions for individual bookings
Cancellation conditions for group bookings (from 10 participants)
Cancellation conditions for a charter booking
Cancellation conditions for a full charter
Liveaboard or Journey cancellation and Force Majeure
Last day’s organization
Budget & exchange
Advices and laws about recreational diving in Sudan
- Medical certificate allowing the practice of scuba diving (mandatory document must be less than a year old).
- Dive cards, justifying the level and number of dives.
- Logbook in case of training carried out during the cruise
- Dive computer, Surface Marker Buoy, and a surface way of signalization (lights and/or sound device)
- Valid dive insurance (if not, insurance can be purchased on board, insurance is mandatory)
- Passport copy to be given on board
- We remind you that the transport of alcohol in luggage is strictly prohibited in Sudan.