Egypt - Saint John’s Reef Liveaboard
Liveboard in Egypt : St John's Reef
unmissable itinerary !
Day 1 Saturday
Our friendly staff will welcome you at the airport. Bus transfer from the airport to the marina. You will, then, be attributed a cabin and discover the boat.
Day 2 Sunday
After breakfast, your guide will tell you everything you need to know about your programme of the week, safety recommendations and, more generally, your life on the boat. Your diving certifications, logbook and insurance will be checked before leaving the marina. The boat will then sail to the first dive site, 30 minutes away from the marina.
Your guide will give you a detailed briefing about your first dive.
After lunch you will sail for about two hours heading south to reach the dive site called “Gota Sharm” where you will do your second dive.
After dinner, the boat will sail all night long, crossing the Tropic of Cancer on its way, to reach the Saint John's reef area at the break of dawn.
Day 3 Monday
Saint John's Reef : 3 dives will be organised. The sailing time between the dive sites varies from 30 min to 1h30. The dive sites are carefully selected by your guide according to the weather forecast and the number of boats already moored on the site. For a quiet and peaceful night, you will spend the night moored behind a big reef.
Day 4 Thuesday
At sunrise, the captain and his crew will take you to another fantastic dive site of Saint John's reef for another great day of diving.
Day 5 Wednesday
One last dive on Saint John's before sailing up north. Halfway between the Saint John's area and the Fury Shoals, we will stop for a mythical dive: the caves of Um Kararim. Then we will reach Sataya (Dolphin House) in the Fury Shoals area. According to your time of arrival and the light, you will have the opportunity to go snorkelling with dolphins. The third dive of the day will either take place at dusk or at night. The boat will be moored on Sataya reef for the night.
Day 6 Thursday
If the snorkeling session with the dolphins have not been organized the day before, we will organize it this morning. Then we will go diving on two beautiful reefs of the Fury Shoals area. After lunch the boat will head north for a 5 hour sail to reach the site called “Sheleneyat”. The third dive of the day will either take place at dusk or at night according to your time of arrival. After dinner the captain and his crew will organise a surprise Egyptian event.
Day 7 Friday
The boat will sail for 45 min before you reach your first dive site of the day. After breakfast, you will sail north for two hours to reach the Marsa Alam area where you will do your last dive. After the dive, you will have the possibility to rinse all your diving gear on the diving deck at the rear of the boat before sailing for 30 min to the marina. The estimated time of arrival is 2:00 PM (your guide will tell you all about the leisure activities you can book in the Marsa Alam area to spend an entertaining Friday afternoon).
Day 8 Saturday
Departure from the boat will be after breakfast or according to your flight and transfer schedules to the airport or hotel.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€1,100||DUNE - GHANI||0 / 24||Fully booked|
|€850||DUNE - JESSICA||0 / 30||1||Fully booked|
|€1,200||DUNE - GHANI||3 / 24||Book now!|
|€1,200||DUNE - GHANI||24 / 24||Book now!|
|€1,200||DUNE - JESSICA||30 / 30||Book now!|
|€1,200||DUNE - JESSICA||28 / 30||Book now!|
|€1,200||DUNE - JESSICA||0 / 30||Fully booked|
|€1,100||DUNE - JESSICA||28 / 30||Book now!|
|€1,200||DUNE - JESSICA||24 / 30||6||Book now!|
|€1,200||DUNE - JESSICA||30 / 30||Book now!|
|€1,300||DUNE - JESSICA||30 / 30||Book now!|
|€1,300||DUNE - JESSICA||15 / 30||15||Book now!|
|€1,300||DUNE - JESSICA||0 / 30||Fully booked|
|€1,300||DUNE - JESSICA||30 / 30||Book now!|
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: 37
The beginning of the Liveaboard service
starts with the dinner on Saturday evening the day before the departure of the
trip and ends the day after the boat has returned to the marina with breakfast
on board (check out 10:00AM) according to the different flight’s schedules.
All the costs that might incurred before
and after the beginning of the service are the responsibility of the customers
(Day use, meals, hotel night…)
1 week Liveaboards (6 days and 7 nights on board)
transfers (outward) and boat-airport (return)
- 6 days full board
(includes tea, instant coffee, water and soft drinks)
- 7 nights on board
in a sharing double cabin (single use with extra fee available)
- Services fees.
- For the 7th
night, Dune reserves its right to accommodate guests in a 3* hotel with
half board in a double or triple room to share. (drinks not include)
- 2 or 3 dives per
day divided from Sunday to Friday with a 12 L tanks (DIN or INT), and
weights. DUNE Red Sea reserves the right to limit this number of dives
depending on: external events, weather conditions, diving level
constraints, physical condition of the diver... without any compensation
- Nitrox is free of
charge and cannot be subject to any complaint especially in case of
possible failure of the compressor.
- Government taxes
- International and domestic flights
- Cancellation and assistance insurance
- Drinks such as
beer, wine, and espresso
- Rental of diving
equipment, diving torch, SMB, computer…
- Diving courses
- Supervision by a
diving instructor for OWD and Cmas** beyond 20m
- Visas and assistance
- Extras nights or
day use before and after the liveaboard
airport/hotel or hotel/airport in case of day use before and after the
activities at the end of the cruise
- Marine park taxes
Liveaboards planning and boat organization
- The boats
displayed on our schedule can be modified and replace without prior notice
by a boat of the exact same category.
- Departures and
arrivals Marinas may be changed without notice depending on Dune’s
schedule and other constraints.
- Arrival marinas
may be modified during the week of the liveaboard according to the boat
- A passeport or an
ID card (This has to be checked according to the customer nationality)
valid for 6 months after the return date is mandatory (it has to be shown
to customs clearance)
- Names and first
names to be given upon booking
- Passeport/ID number
- Level and number of dives
- Flights informations : arrival and
- Booking requests
such as : rental equipment, diving courses, cabin requests
- Dive insurance
Terms and conditions
Payment and Refund policy
- For individuals and small group (less than 10 pax) A deposit of 30% will have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed.
- For groups (more than 10 pax) and Full charter bookings : a deposit of 10% wil have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed
- The balance of the booking must be made 30 days before departure for an individual booking or a small group booking (less than 10 pax).
- The balance of the booking must be paid 60 days before departure for a group booking (more than 10 pax) or full charter.
- Payments on board must be made in cash (Euro, Dollars, or Egyptian Pounds) or CC (excluding tips payment). Please be warned, 3% of bank charges will be added for payments in CC.
- The itinerary can be modified during the trip because of external event beyond our control. Failure to follow a route does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes
- Non-compliance with the program does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes. (ex : number of 16 dives not reached because of the weather, insufficient dive level…)
- Changes of boat or marinas do not allow an indemnity.
- A possible failure or the EANX compressor do not allow an indemnity.
Liveaboard or Journey cancellation and Force Majeure
Budget & exchange
Advices and laws about recreational diving in Egypt
- Medical certificate allowing the practice of scuba diving (mandatory document must be less than a year old)
- Dive cards, and diving logbook justifying the level and number of dives
- Logbook in case of training carried out during the cruise.
- Dive computer, SMB, and a surface way of signalization (lights and/or sound device)
- Valid dive insurance (if not insurance can be purchased on board, insurance is mandatory)
- Passport copy to be given on board
- The Marine parks liveaboards ( Brothers, Daedalus, Zabargad…)
- North and South Liveaboards (St John’s, Abu Fendira, North…).
- All courses that would need vertical technical exercises are forbidden (except on Safaga itinerary or Dolphin Trip)
- CMAS 1* or OWD trainings are prohibited (except on the Safaga or Dolphin Trip)
- All training is provided by a DUNE instructor certified CDWS (Chamber of Diving Water Sports) in accordance with local Egyptian regulations.
To ensure the best possible unfolding of your diving liveaboard safari in Egypt :
- Fins and mask
- BCD / Stabilizing jacket
- Regulator with octopus
- Air gauge
- Dive computer
- Surface marker / Deco buoy
- Visible or audible means of signaling (mirror, whistle...)
- Mask strap
- Fins strap
- Other battery for your computer
- Thin rope
- The Mediterranean Sea in the north
- The red Sea in the south.