Rocky Island Zabargad St Johns
diversified itinerary accessible
to any diver with an Open Water Diver certificate or CMAS *.
Day 1 Saturday
Our friendly staff welcomes you at the airport. 45 min bus transfer from Marsa Alam airport to the marina. You will, then, be attributed a cabin and discover the boat.
Day 2 Sunday
After breakfast, your guide will tell you everything you need to know about your programme of the week, safety recommendations and, more generally, your life on the boat. Your diving certifications, logbook and insurance will be checked before leaving the marina. The boat will then sail to the first dive site, 30 minutes away from the marina.
Your guide will give you a detailed briefing about your first dive.
After lunch you will sail for about two hours heading south to reach the dive site called “Gota Sharm” where you will do your second dive.
After dinner, the boat will sail all night long, crossing the Tropic of Cancer on its way, to reach the Saint John's reef area at the break of dawn.
Day 3 Monday
You will carry out three dives around the islands and a night dive can be organised upon request. Navigations from one island to the other take between 30 and 45 minutes. The dive sites are carefully selected by your guide according to the weather forecast and the number of boats already moored on the site.
For a quiet and peaceful night, you will spend the night moored behind a big reef.
Day 4 Tuesday
At sunset you will do one or two dives around the islands then the captain and his crew will head towards St John's reef. A night dive can be organised upon request.
Day 5 Wednesday
You will do two morning dives before sailing up north. 4 hours later you will reach “Sataya” (Dolphin House) in the Fury Shoals area. According to your time of arrival and the light, you will have the opportunity to go snorkelling with dolphins. The third dive of the day will either take place in daylight, at dusk or at night. The boat will be moored on Sataya reef for the night.
Day 6 Thursday
In the morning, you will do two dives on two beautiful reefs of the Fury Shoals area. After lunch the boat will head north for a 6 hour-long navigation to reach the site called “Shelinyiat”. The third dive of the day will either take place in daylight, at dusk or at night according to your time of arrival.
After dinner the captain and his crew will organise a surprise Egyptian event.
Day 7 Friday
The boat will sail for 45 min before you reach your first dive site of the day. After breakfast, you will sail north for two hours to reach the Marsa Alam area where you will do your last dive of the safari. After the dive, you will have the possibility to rinse all your diving gear on the diving deck at the rear of the boat before sailing for 30 min to the marina. The estimated time of arrival is 2:00 PM, so your guide will tell you all about the leisure activities you can book in the Marsa Alam area to spend an entertaining Friday afternoon.
Day 8 Saturday
Departure from the boat will be after breakfast or according to your flight and transfer schedules to the airport or hotel.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€970||DUNE - GHANI||14 / 24||Book now!|
|€1,035||DUNE - JESSICA||0 / 30||Fully booked|
|€1,020||DUNE - NEMO||22 / 22||Book now!|
|€1,020||DUNE - JESSICA||30 / 30||Book now!|
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: 50
- The service charges (tips).
- Customer reception at the airport, transfers airport/boat/airport.
- The 7-night liveaboard safari in a shared double cabin, full board, non-alcoholic beverages.
- 12L aluminum tank and weights.
- A minimum of 16 dives.
- A minimum of 10 dives for the snorkeling/dolphins liveaboard safari.
- The taxes.
- Free Nitrox
The price does not include
- Reservation of a cabin on the higher deck
- Diving gear (full or partial)
- Alcoholic beverages
- 15L tank : 30€ / week
- Diving supervision (Level 1 divers and Level 2 beyond 20m) : 8€/dive/person
- Other paid activities and services (see price-list on board)
- Check dive / Upgrade training (CMAS Level 1 to OWD / Entering an ADV course) : 30€ / dive.
Les suppléments à
réserver avant le départ :
- Visa and airport assistance : 31€ / passenger.
- Cabin choice : 35€ / person.
- Travel light (BCD, regulator, wetsuit, weight belt, fins, mask and snorkel) : 70€ / person / week.
- Nitrox course + PADI kit : 135€ (certification : 40€ to be paid on site)
- Advanced PADI course + PADI Kit : 240€ (certification : 40€ to be paid on site)
- Deep Dive course + PADI Kit : 175€(certification : 40€ to be paid on site)
- CMAS Nitrox course : 110€(certification : 40€ to be paid on site)
- ADIP/CEDIP Deep Dive P40
Budget & exchange
To ensure the best possible unfolding of your diving liveaboard safari
in Egypt :
- Fins and mask
- BCD / Stabilizing jacket
- Regulator with octopus
- Air gauge
- Dive computer
- Surface marker / Deco buoy
- Visible or audible means of signaling (mirror, whistle...)
- Mask strap
- Fins strap
- Other battery for your computer
- Thin rope
- The Mediterranean Sea in the north
- The red Sea in the south.