Djibouti - The 7 Brothers, The Legend
The 7 Brothers, legendary sites...
Two emblematic sites of Djibouti
- A majestic coral reef where the constructions of madrepores shelter schools of snappers and small reef fish in an area between 3m and 5m deep.
- A cave, with a long opening about 15m wide and between 6m and 4m deep, into which divers can enter in small groups of 4-6 so as not to damage the fixed fauna and avoid the suspended sand. At the bottom of this cavity, a wall of lobsters awaits you and if you are lucky one or two stingrays stingrays will be on the sandy bottom.
- An arch across the channel which is hit hard by strong currents. At a depth not exceeding 14m it is a hunting ground for ignobilis jacks, barracudas, and a resting place for a huge group of resident spotted sweetlips. This arch is not always accessible depending on current conditions.
Day 1 Saturday
Divers will be welcomed at the airport. According to the arrival time, guest will be transfer to the« Beach House » (sea side restaurant with showers and sun beds, possibly lunch for an extra fee), or to to an hotel for day use. Guests that arrive around 4pm will be transferred directly on board.
The guest staying at hotel or sea side restaurant will be then transfer to the boat around 5pm. Welcoming briefing, time to settle on board for the guests and dinner.
Day 2 Sunday
Breakfast while the boat sails towards Moucha Island. 2 dives will be offered around that area. After dinner, the boat will start moving to reach the 7 brothers Islands (about 7 hours).
Days 3 to 6 Monday to Thursday
During those 4 days, 9 to 12 dives will be proposed to discover those islands that offers the most beautiful dives in Djibouti. Eastern Island, Japanese garden, The steps, Tolka… Groupers, eagle rays, nurse sharks, soft and hard coral. All of this in a remote area where a very few divers go.
During Thursday evening, we will sail back to Tadjoura Golfe.
Day 7 Friday
1 day in the Golfe of Tadjoura. According to the season you might get a chance to spot whale sharks. Dives will also be organized in this area (Ras Coralie, Ras Eiro…) It will depends on guest flight schedule.
Day 8 Saturday
After breakfast, guests will disembark from the boat around 8 Am.
According to flight schedule, you will be offered a daily trip to the Assal Lake, day use or beach day to the Beach house (those are extra fees)
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Departures for English-speaking groups:
No departure for now
Trip code: 97
- 6 days/7 nights on board in a double/twin shared cabin ( Single supplement available)
- Full board (included : tea, coffee powder, water and non alcoholic drinks)
- 13 dives package12L aluminium tanks (DIN/INT) and leads (without the belt)
- Visa (To be paid at the airport) : 25 $
- E-visa : 15 $
- National and international flights
- Cancellation and repatriation insurance
- Dive insurance
- Gear rental
- Diving courses and trainings
- Supervision by an instructor
- Assistance and visa delivery
- Extra nights or day before and after the liveaboard
- Airport/hotel or hotel/airport transfers in case of day use before or after the cruise
- Additional activities at the end of the cruise
- Tips for the crew (7€ advised/pers/day to be given at the end of the trip and according to guest satisfaction)
- Drinks such as beers, wine, aperitifs and espressos
Planning and Dune’s organisation
- Invitation letter
- A passeport or an ID card (This has to be checked according to the customer nationality) valid for 6 months after the return date is mandatory (it has to be shown to customs clearance)
- Passeport/ID number
- Names and first names to be given upon bookingLevel and number of dives
- Flight informations : arrival and departure
- Booking requests such as : rental equipment, diving courses, cabin requests
- Diving insurance
Terms and conditions
Payment and refund policy
- A deposit of 30% will have to be paid by the customer so that the booking can be confirmed for an individual booking or a group booking (from 10 participants)
- A deposit of 10% will have to be paid to confirm the booking for a full charter
- The balance of the booking will have to be made 30 days before departure for an individual booking or a group (from 10 participants)
- The balance of the booking will have to be made 60 days before departure for a full charter
- Payments on board must be made in cash (Euros, Dollars, or Djiboutian Franc) or Credit Card (excluding tips payment). Please be warned, 3% of bank charges will be added for payments in Credit Card.
- Failure to follow a route for reasons like weather conditions, government decision, diving accident requiring a return of the boat, or any case of force majeure, does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes.
- Non-compliance with the program does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes (ex : number of 13 dives not reached because of the weather, insufficient dive level…). C
- hanges of boats or marinas do not allow an indemnity.
- A possible failure or the EANX compressor do not allow an indemnity.
Cancellation conditions for individual bookings
Cancellation conditions for group booking (from 10 participants)
Cancellation conditions for charter registrations
Cancellation conditions for a full charter Cancellation
Liveaboard or Journey cancellation and Force Majeure
Organization of the last day
- Day trip to Lake Assal with 4X4. This trip includes : transportation, private guide, sandwich and drink. This trip is optional and will have to be paid on site, the price depends on the number of participants.
- Day at Beach House
- Day use in a hotel
Advices and laws about recreational diving in Djibouti
- Medical certificate allowing the practice of scuba diving (mandatory document, must be less than a year old)
- Dive card to justify level and experience
- Logbook in case of training carried out during the cruise
- A dive computer, a Surface Marker Buoy, a surface emergency signaling mode (lights and/or sound devices)
- Diving insurance (mandatory)
- A photocopy of passport to give to the guide on board
Dive level and experience required
- A minimum of 25 dives
- CMAS 2* or Advanced Open Water diver