EGYPT - Safaga Liveaboard Safari
Would you like to discover the dive sites of the Safaga area on a
liveaboard safari boat ?
To take diving courses ? To experience early
morning dives with no other boat around ? To enjoy 3 dives a day ? Or
just to enjoy the benefits of a liveaboard diving safari with very little
navigation between the sites ?
Day 1 Saturday
Arrival on the boat, dinner, chill-out time.
Day 2 Sunday
After a good breakfast, the captain will take you to the first dive site where you will readjust your diving skills, sheltered from the waves and currents. You will then sail to the second site where you will dive from one of our dinghies or from the boat. You will spend the night near Soma Bay.
Day 3 Monday
The first morning dive will occur on one of the three drop-offs of the Safaga area, at the break of dawn on the south-east side, which increases the possibilities to encounter pelagic fishes hunting for food. The second dive will take place just before lunch on the west side of the drop-off. You will then reach a site called Sha'ab Sheer to dive a beautiful coral garden in 20 meters of water on the western part of the reef, where the sunlight can be enjoyed at that time of the day.
Day 4 Tuesday
30 minutes of navigation at sunrise will be enough to get to the Salem Express, a beautiful shipwreck sunk in the 1990ies. The second dive will take place on the north-east side of Sha'ab Sheer where bottlenose dolphins are often encountered. Your third dive will be a night one !
Day 5 Wednesday
It will take only 45 minutes of navigation to reach Panorama Reef, a superb drop-off covered in brown soft coral. With a little bit of luck, you will encounter a turtle on the south-east part of the reef. You will then sail for half an hour to reach Middle Reef where you will dive for the third time of the day on the western side.
Day 6 Thursday
At the break of dawn, you will hop into a dinghy to go to the northern part of the reef where you will discover a fantastic plateau and huge gorgonian sea-fans. Just before lunch you will visit the eastern side of the reef that hosts one of the most beautiful gardens of hard corals in the Red Sea. You will then have a 45 minute navigation towards Tobia Arbaa where you will enjoy night-diving with lion fish.
Day 7 Friday
After breakfast you will discover a site called Gamul Soraya where schools of snappers and garden eels await you. The second dive, in the afternoon, will take place on Tobia Kebir where beautiful eagle rays are encountered on a regular basis. You will then go back to the marina.
Day 8 Saturday
After breakfast you will leave the boat to go to the airport with your head full of nice memories.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
|From||To||Price / pers.||Boat||Places||Options||Booking|
|€700||Bateau Confort 1||0 / 24||24||Fully booked|
Trip code: 76
The beginning of the Liveaboard service starts with the dinner on Saturday evening the day before the departure of the trip and ends the day after the boat has returned to the marina with breakfast on board (check out 10:00AM) according to the different flight’s schedules.
All the costs that might incurred before and after the beginning of the service are the responsibility of the customers (Day use, meals, hotel night…)
1 week Liveaboards (6 days and 7 nights on board)
- Airport-boat transfers (outward) and boat-airport (return)
- 6 days full board (includes tea, instant coffee, water and soft drinks)
- 7 nights on board in a sharing double cabin (single use with extra fee available)
- Services fees.
- For the 7th night, Dune reserves its right to accommodate guests in a 3* hotel with half board in a double or triple room to share. (drinks not include)
- 2 or 3 dives per day divided from Sunday to Friday with a 12 L tanks (DIN or INT), and weights. DUNE Red Sea reserves the right to limit this number of dives depending on: external events, weather conditions, diving level constraints, physical condition of the diver... without any compensation being claimed.
- Nitrox is free of charge and cannot be subject to any complaint especially in case of possible failure of the compressor.
- Government taxes
- International and domestic flights
- Cancellation and assistance insurance
- Drinks such as beer, wine, and espresso
- Rental of diving equipment, diving torch, SMB, computer…
- Diving courses
- Supervision by a diving instructor for OWD and Cmas** beyond 20m
- Visas and assistance
- Extras nights or day use before and after the liveaboard
- Transfers airport/hotel or hotel/airport in case of day use before and after the liveaboard
- Additional activities at the end of the cruise
- Marine park taxes
Liveaboards planning and boat organization
- The boats displayed on our schedule can be modified and replace without prior notice by a boat of the exact same category.
- Departures and arrivals Marinas may be changed without notice depending on Dune’s schedule and other constraints.
- Arrival marinas may be modified during the week of the liveaboard according to the boat schedule.
- A passeport or an ID card (This has to be checked according to the customer nationality) valid for 6 months after the return date is mandatory (it has to be shown to customs clearance)
- Names and first names to be given upon booking
- Passeport/ID number
- Level and number of dives
- Flights informations : arrival and departure
- Booking requests such as : rental equipment, diving courses, cabin requests
- Dive insurance
Terms and conditions
Payment and Refund policy
- For individuals and small group (less than 10 pax) A deposit of 30% will have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed.
- For groups (more than 10 pax) and Full charter bookings : a deposit of 10% wil have to be paid so that the booking can be confirmed
- The balance of the booking must be made 30 days before departure for an individual booking or a small group booking (less than 10 pax).
- The balance of the booking must be paid 60 days before departure for a group booking (more than 10 pax) or full charter.
- Payments on board must be made in cash (Euro, Dollars, or Egyptian Pounds) or CC (excluding tips payment). Please be warned, 3% of bank charges will be added for payments in CC.
- The itinerary can be modified during the trip because of external event beyond our control. Failure to follow a route does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes
- Non-compliance with the program does not allow an indemnity or a refund of taxes. (ex : number of 16 dives not reached because of the weather, insufficient dive level…)
- Changes of boat or marinas do not allow an indemnity.
- A possible failure or the EANX compressor do not allow an indemnity.
Liveaboard or Journey cancellation and Force Majeure
Budget & exchange
Advices and laws about recreational diving in Egypt
- Medical certificate allowing the practice of scuba diving (mandatory document must be less than a year old)
- Dive cards, and diving logbook justifying the level and number of dives
- Logbook in case of training carried out during the cruise.
- Dive computer, SMB, and a surface way of signalization (lights and/or sound device)
- Valid dive insurance (if not insurance can be purchased on board, insurance is mandatory)
- Passport copy to be given on board
- The Marine parks liveaboards ( Brothers, Daedalus, Zabargad…)
- North and South Liveaboards (St John’s, Abu Fendira, North…).
- All courses that would need vertical technical exercises are forbidden (except on Safaga itinerary or Dolphin Trip)
- CMAS 1* or OWD trainings are prohibited (except on the Safaga or Dolphin Trip)
- All training is provided by a DUNE instructor certified CDWS (Chamber of Diving Water Sports) in accordance with local Egyptian regulations.
To ensure the best possible unfolding of your diving liveaboard safari in Egypt :
- Fins and mask
- BCD / Stabilizing jacket
- Regulator with octopus
- Air gauge
- Dive computer
- Surface marker / Deco buoy
- Visible or audible means of signaling (mirror, whistle...)
Gear, in case:
- Mask strap
- Fins strap
- Other battery for your computer
- Thin rope
- The Mediterranean Sea in the north
- The red Sea in the south.